Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig.

Whew. This little piggie is worn out. I don't know what it is about the graduate school lifestyle, but in spite of all the biking, swimming, yoga and general keeping in shape I do, I am still somehow completely unprepared for the exigencies of working on the farm, helping take care of a 4-year-old boy, and maintaining sustained periods of anxiety about my Dad.

Thank God, however, the worrying about SuperDad can go on the back burner, as he's doing much better. He's even home from the hospital, finally. In an unexpectedly poetic gesture, the doctor allowed him to come home on Father's Day, a day earlier than planned. He's even up and walking around some, now, though he still has to keep his leg elevated most of the time.

So thanks again for all the phone calls, comments, and emails wishing SuperDad well. He was a little stunned when he read the blog and saw all the comments, and asked me to say thanks for him for all the thoughts and prayers.

More later, my friends, but I've got to run and take Bug to his summer camp, finish weeding the garden, and scout out places to build a treehouse. Yay!

3 comments:

Lipstick said...

Found you thru Can I Get My Subscription Filled?. I am just giddy from the title of this post...when I was growing up we always said "home again home again jiggity jig" every time we pulled the car into the garage.

Anonymous said...

..."My aunt and uncle have a big pig." In our car, we use this phrase as part of a game. I don't know where it came from or why it started, but the "Jig" changes to rhyme with an animal. And then the kids have to guess which animal I'm thinking of. Good times.

Glad your dad is doing well!

Captain Judy said...

treehouse? how fun! Have a great day with Bug and the other super members of the family!