Thursday, September 10, 2009

Galosh.

OK, I have some very important news. Ground-breaking. Earth-shattering. But you have to promise not to tell.

No, I mean it.

Really.

If this news gets out I'll never have another peaceful moment, especially given the global implications. Ok, lean closer. (Whispering) I just discovered that I can control the weather.

Seriously.

Want to know how I figured it out? OK, I'll tell you. I thought to myself a few months ago,"Wow this drought is misery. It's hot, it's dry, it's hot hot hot hot, dry dry dry dry." And then I thought, with a philosophical shrug, "Just as well, really, since I don't have galoshes. If it rains my feet will get all wet!"

But then I thought, "Hey! Maybe that's all the weather is waiting on? God doesn't want it to rain until I'm sufficiently prepared." And naturally I felt guilty at the thought of all those crops withering in the field, rivers drying up, fish drowning on land, and the extra algae growing in Barton Springs.



So I bought galoshes. And guess what - it promptly started raining, and hasn't really stopped for the last few days.

Told ya.

9 comments:

Frank Irwin said...

Where can I buy some of those? Do they sell in bulk?

Samsmama said...

Aha! All of a sudden Frank's FB comment makes total sense to me now.

Good for you, Mother Nature! That's awesome!

Kate said...

I've seen you in person---are those thigh-highs?

Cheasty said...

Frank - no. these are totally unique, one-in-a-million galoshes. no imposters, please.

samsmama - FB? ah, the web tightens... :)

Kate - not quite, but it's a close call.

Organic Meatbag said...

Those boots were made for sloshin'!

Bev said...

Ha! Awesome. It's just like my theory that it only rains if I decide it looks clear out and I don't need to carry an umbrella. Or the way that it always snows early when I decide not to put the snow tires on till next week!

Cute boots!

Renny said...

Did I ever tell you that I bought some cute galoshes at the Co-op to bring to Mexico with me? Then when packing time came around I decided not to bring them because they weigh a TON? Well, I've been paying the price. Maybe I will have to have Austin galoshes and Mexico galoshes...

Cheasty said...

OM - and that's just what they'll do. one of these days these boots are gonna slosh all over you.

Bev - I'm glad to know I'm not the only superhero out there. i was getting lonely!

renny - leave the galoshes. take the cannoli.

onebadmamajama said...

Those are some awesome galoshes!