Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm Not Making This Up, My Friend.

I talked to a good friend of mine today, a friend who has known me lo these twelve years and more, and she said, regarding the fire-eating magician of yesterday's post, that she thinks that sometimes I just make shit up to get a good story out of it. Sometimes. Not always. But sometimes. Now, I will be the first to cop to perhaps exaggerating a story here and there to make a better punchline, to drive home a dramatic point, although I did that far more in my misspent youth than I do now. As my good friend Pony once told me, I tend to live my life in hyperbole. But I draw the line at making shit up. This is for you, Red.

Exhibit A: Photograph of Cheasty and Spikey-Headed Fire-Eater. And moustaches. Sorry, very fuzzy, which is why I didn't post it in the first place.



Exhibit B: Thank God I had the presence of mind to hit the video recorder on my camera. The video quality is horrible, the sound is... well, I've got an exceptionally cheap camera, so let's leave it at that. The action centers around the 30 second mark, more or less. Check it out. Fire eating.

UPDATE: Sorry, there seems to be some problem uploading my Quicktime file. So much for making a dramatic point. I'll work on figuring this out later.

1 comment:

Captain Judy said...

you look really hot with a 'stache!