Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fat Cyclist

I'd like to send a special shout-out to a fellow blogger, a guy named Elden over at The Fat Cyclist. I don't know him personally, but I read his stories about biking and life, and he always gives me a laugh or a moment of inspiration to get outside and ride my bike.  Right now, however, Elden's wife is dying of cancer, a disease she's struggled to defeat for four years.  She's got brain cancer, the same disease that killed my Aunt Karen. Elden continues to blog about life, about his wife, about this process, and every day I find myself sending prayers out to a God that my logical brain is convinced doesn't exist, but my heart clearly still believes in. Go visit the Fat Cyclist. Send him and his family some love, some prayers, some whatever-it-is-that-keeps-you-going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for always pointing your readers to other things they need to read in the internet. You always send us somewhere good :-)