Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Help Me Rhonda, Help, Help Me, Rhonda!

Well, my friends, I seem to have done it again. I completed ALMOST an entire New York Times crossword puzzle. If you look closely, you will see that I am missing ONE FREAKING LETTER to complete the entire puzzle, and I refuse to surrender.



Here's a closer look:



The clues are as follows:

60 Down: Opposite of "naw." This is confusing because it could be "yep" or "yup."
64 Across: Israel's Abba. This is confusing because I have absolutely no idea what they are referring to. Is it Abba like the singing group? Or somewhere in the back of my mind I remember something about how Jesus said "Father, why have you forsaken me," and wasn't the Hebrew word for Father something like Abba?

I'm clearly a borderline idiot for getting stuck on something this teeny, but there you have it. I know I could look it up on the Internet, but in my mind that is cheating. Asking friends for help, not cheating. If you, my friends, look up the answer on the internet, please don't tell me how you got it, as it would throw me into a moral vortex from which I may never emerge. Oh, what a tangled web we weave. Help?

3 comments:

colie said...

i would go with "yep." it seems more probable. then, after i told myself i was finished, i'd look it up on the interweb.

colie said...

kind of like saying i'm not going to have sex before i'm married, but still having orgasms with boys in back of the movie theater.

oh, high school!

Cheasty said...

that's exactly what I did! (the "yep" and then look it up thing, that is. mum's the word on boys in the back of movie theaters. i'll never tell!)

and you're right. it's Eban. Abba Eban was, apparently, an Israeli diplomat and politician. born 1915, died 2002.

thanks, pony, you're a dreamboat!