Has anybody ever read Louis de Bernieres' trilogy about an unnamed Latin American country and its people? I can't remember which book it's in. Maybe The War of Don Emmanuel's Nether Parts? Anyway, there's this character in the book who has a magical hammock. Every time somebody in the community loses something (glasses, a rosary, a baby, etc.) it turns up in this hammock. That is my house. If you've lost anything recently, it's at my house.
These are the weird things that have recently turned up in my house. If they're yours, please come get them.
1. a brown sweater
2. a brown puffy down jacket from Old Navy (M)
3. a little motor.
4. a book called The United States and Latin America: A New Agenda.
Conversely, several things have inexplicably disappeared from the house. Does somebody else have a mysterious and magical hammock house? Could all of these things have magically teleported over there?
1. my checkbook. I'm not saying i don't frequently misplace things, but this is beyond the pale. It's been gone for weeks.
2. my roommate's medicine. This is especially weird. my roommate NEVER loses things. it's against her religion.
3. my sister's little black dress.
4. a movie with Richard Gere and Diane Lane, although I can never remember the name. Infidelity? Unfaithful? Something tawdry like that. At this point, maybe I should just call it Gone With the Wind.
All tales of lost and found aside, if you haven't read those books, you certainly should. They are, in order, as follows:
1. The War of Don Emmanuel's Nether Parts
2. Señor Vivo and the Coca Lord
3. The Troublesome Offspring of Cardinal Guzman
Absolutely fantastic books.